[virt-tools-list] Error downloading kickstart file from https location

Paul Maunders paul at fubra.com
Mon Aug 27 13:47:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to use virt-install to perform a network installation with
a secure https kickstart file hosted on github, but the installation
returns an error saying "Unable to download the kickstart file". The
install works fine if I use a http insecure location.

The exact command I'm running is as follows:

virt-install \
--name "centos-latest-gpt-basic" \
--ram 1024 \
--nographics \
--os-type=linux \
--os-variant=rhel6 \
--location=http://mirror.catn.com/pub/centos/6/os/x86_64 \
--extra-args="ks=https://raw.github.com/fubralimited/CentOS-KVM-Image-Tools/master/kickstarts/centos-latest-gpt-basic.ks
text console=tty0 utf8 console=ttyS0,115200" \
--disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/centos-latest-gpt-basic.img,size=10,bus=virtio,format=qcow2

Do you know if https kickstarts are supported?

Thanks,

Paul Maunders