[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Add varirables for DB paths in pkg-config file

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Aug 27 18:33:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> s/varirables/variables in the subject
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 06:24:42PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>>
>> For both system and local databases.
>
> I'd mention in the commit log that these paths are useful for applications
> who want to extend libosinfo database with application-specific data,

OK.

> and
> also what is the difference between the system and local dir. Is the local
> dir only meant for local admin changes, while the system dir is meant for
> files installed by packages? Or do they have a different meaning?
> Feel free to point me at the appropriate doc if it already exists ;)

Don't think there is any docs on this execpt for the log of that
commit that added this API (b12f417d3b568ac12cebecd8c439b51be7419393).
I agree that we should have some better documentation for these but I
don't think this patch should be adding that.

> The patch looks good to me with these things fixed/clarified.
>
> Christophe

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124