[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 7/8] rfc: Infer ISO language from label

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 10:47:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 06:30:18PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> I agree with you that it would be nice to avoid this mapping all
> together but if its not possible/feasible, these mappings should be in
> the XML like rest of OS specific stuff.

I could do that, but the C code would still have to match the regex with
data from the table, which is only useful to Windows anyway, so the C code
would still be somehow Windows specific.

> Then again, if we go that
> route, I wonder if all this approach is really better than having
> separate media entries for each combination of supported languages.

If we put separate entries in the XML file, this will make it harder to add
new volume IDs (plenty of places to update), so I'd rather not go that
road. If we build synthetic OsinfoMedia at load time, we're back to having
to store the valid languages somewhere.

Christophe