[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 7/8] rfc: Infer ISO language from label

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Tue Dec 4 13:52:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 06:30:18PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> I agree with you that it would be nice to avoid this mapping all
>> together but if its not possible/feasible, these mappings should be in
>> the XML like rest of OS specific stuff.
>
> I could do that, but the C code would still have to match the regex with
> data from the table, which is only useful to Windows anyway, so the C code
> would still be somehow Windows specific.
>

>> Then again, if we go that
>> route, I wonder if all this approach is really better than having
>> separate media entries for each combination of supported languages.
>

> If we put separate entries in the XML file, this will make it harder to add
> new volume IDs (plenty of places to update),

Not at all. You'll have entries like:

<media>
  <languages>fi_Fi,fr_FR</languages>
  <volume-id>WHATEVER</volume-id>
</media>
<media>
  <languages>fi_Fi,fr_FR,us_US</languages>
  <volume-id>(WHATEVER2)|(WHATEVER3)</volume-id>
</media>

Now if there is a new volume ID to be added, you'll either put it in a
new media entry or to an existing entry that has the same languages in
its list.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124