[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 2/2] fedora, installer: Set keyboard config for >= F18

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 17:12:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:02:05PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 03:55:22PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> >> I really don't see any way to remove the duplication other than either
> >> using datamaps or removing the fix for one of the profiles.
> >
> > The good news is that the datamap code at
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/libosinfo/log/?h=datamap seems to be
> > working. I'll send it for review early next week once I've tested it
> > a bit more.
>
> That would mean we can't get libosinfo-based installer stuff in Boxes
> done for Monday's release and I'm very keen on getting that done so
> unless there is anything else wrong with this patch other than it
> being ugly, I'll push it.

I hate things always having to be done in a rush, ugly patches always
having a good reason to get pushed without being improved, ... In this case,
this also means new API/ABI getting frozen without having been exercised a
lot.
If you push the patch anyway (and I'm not saying it's ok with me if you do
that), I expect to get a patch from you moving these things over datamaps
by the time I send the series for review.

Christophe