[virt-tools-list] Help with live migration (w/o shared storage)

Gabriel L. Somlo gsomlo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:59:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate a VM between two hosts running fully
up-to-date F16 (libvirt-0.9.6-4.fc16.x86_64 and
virt-manager-0.9.1-1.fc16.noarch).

One host is my desktop, the other is a remote machine. I don't
share any storage between the two hosts, so I worked out that I
need '--copy-storage-all'.

My current command line is

	virsh -c qemu:///system migrate --live --copy-storage-all \
              my_test_vm qemu+ssh://root@remote.host.example.com/system

The error message I get is:

	error: Unable to allow access for disk path
	/var/lib/libvirt/images/my_test_vm.img: No such file or directory

(regardless if I use '--live' or not, BTW).

I also tried migrating while connected both locally and to the remote
host from virt-manager, but

1. I couldn't find any way to specify or select the equivalent
   of '--copy-storage-all'

and

2. I keep getting a similar error after I click 'migrate':

	Unable to migrate guest: Unable to allow access for disk path
	/var/lib/libvirt/images/my_test_vm.img: No such file or directory

Would much appreciate any ideas as to what I might be missing !

Thanks,
--Gabriel