[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Provide logo URLs for Fedora, Ubuntu & Windows

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 15:23:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 04:59:51PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> My point is that we really need this. AFAICT you are worried about
> *possible* violations, not any comitted currently by my (libosinfo and
> Boxes) patches. If that is so, I am willing to take the risk unless you
> have a better solution in mind? BTW I already checked that installer ISOs
> dont always provide a logo that we could use. :(

I'm arguing here based on my position as a Fedora maintainer. It isn't
about whether either of us are prepared to take the risk, rather whether
Fedora is prepared to. Based on that thread quoted, they don't consider
this kind of thing acceptable.

So if we want to go forward with this, my suggestion is to again mail the
Fedora legal list, outlining exactly what is proposed for libosinfo/Boxes
and see if they still have an objection to it. I'm not optimistic about
that though.

Regards,
Daniel