[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Put symbols into their corresponding versions in syms file

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 14:04:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 04:37:25PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I checked that these functions were added in these releases and that you
> didn't forget some, however I think this will break the ABI for apps that
> were compiled against 0.0.5 and are already using these symbols, so I'd
> like to get Daniel's feedback on this.

Yes this would break ABI compatibility. Since we haven't declared
we are ABI stable though, I think it is acceptable at this time.

Given that we are at the Fedora 17 feature development target
point, we should probably aim to be ABI stable from this forthcoming
release onwards.   Likewise with libvirt-glib.

Regards,
Daniel