[virt-tools-list] p2v: disk dump on a running machine

lluis lluis at ingent.net
Mon Jan 30 10:00:42 UTC 2012

Hello,
we are trying to do a p2v migration with dd from a running machine. We
have written the process we followed here:
http://www.ingent.net/en/2012/01/from-physical-to-virtual-with-dd-over-the-net/

guest uses IDE disk since it has an old kernel and we can't use virtio
it works, but about once a week it hangs and we can't access it even
with virt-manager. We have to force it off, logs don't show anything, it
seems it loses access to disk, how can we debug this? should the process
we used to migrate work?

regards,
Lluís