[virt-tools-list] find0 in (perl) Sys::Guestfs

dan farmer zenfish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:29:58 UTC 2012

Hey folks -

Is there anyway to convince find0 to put the results in memory rather than
writing to a file?  I really don't want to have to write it to a file and
then read it again just to process the results.  I see guestfish has an
option to write to stdout (but the lib doesn't have a documented way) for
some reason.

It'd be nice to point to either a scalar (or w/e var) or filename and let me
worry if I have enough memory to hold all that.  I suppose I could write
my own walker, try to intercept the writes of guestfish, change the
source, try tricks with named pipes, (not going to call guestfish from
inside perl!)Š hoping for an easier answer.

Tnx -

dan

P.s.  If there's a better place to ask for such things, let me know; looking
at
archives it seems more patch/dev stuff here than the charter suggests,
but I'm fine with w/e.

P.p.s. Is there a repository for scripts or things written for libguestfs?
I'm
familiar with the recipes page
(http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-recipes.1.html)
but haven't found much else other than rich's blog.  But unless libguestfs
dies on me along the way I'm planning on writing various things in the next
few months that may or may not see the light of day, but don't want to spam
folks if there's another option or no interest.

^..^