[virt-tools-list] [libvirt] ANNOUNCE: virt-manager 0.9.3

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 20:01:15 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 01:56 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:

> Is that any different from /usr/bin/env python though, the change libvirt made?

#! lines have to use an absolute path, but use of /usr/bin/env is a
great way to allow a PATH lookup.  Your code is not in a #! line.
Either way, libvirt's '#!/usr/bin/env python' and your 'exec python' are
both doing the same thing - a PATH lookup for the first available
python.  Like I said, it might not always do the right thing, but let's
wait until someone actually files a bug report about it, because it is
at least better than forcing a hard-coded call to /usr/bin/python.