[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Fix osinfo_list_add_union()

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 16:26:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 06:44:21PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>
> This function was adding the second list elements to new list first so
> the order of elements in the new list was contrary to what user will
> expect of this function (and all wrapper/using functions).

This change makes sense to me, but since you looked at this code to fix a
Boxes bug, you should explain what behaviour you were seeing without this
patch, what this patch change, and why it's better now (or something in
that spirit ;)

As I understand it, sound was not working in Windows 7 because the list of
audio devices contained 2 elements, ich6 and ac97. Boxes arbitrarily picked
the first element in the list which is ac97, but this one is not working.
With your change, the list order is changed and ich6 is first. Since it's
the more specific device (it's specified on the 'win7' node in
windows.xml), this ordering makes sense even though it's not specified
anywehere I could find in the documentation.

However, the bigger question (if the above explanation is what you were
seeing) is why was a non-working audio device present in the device list
returned by libosinfo?

Christophe