[virt-tools-list] How to access virt-manager window for entering commands.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 16:20:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:25:43PM +0100, Akshay Sulakhe wrote:
> Hello friends,
>                     I need to inspect the guest OS i have in my system. My
> host OS and guest OS both are running Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit. I am using KVM
> with virt-manager. I need to enter into the console of the virt-manager
> similar to QEMU monitor which can be accessed by pressing ctrl+alt and then
> shift +2. Also,how to find how much memory(in bytes) is the guest OS using.
> Kindly let me know. Its urgent for me. Many thanks.

The QEMU monitor is not available through libvirt or virt-manager.

libvirt has various commands that let you see how much memory and
other details are being used by the guest.  Take a look at the 'virsh'
commands:

http://libvirt.org/virshcmdref.html

In particular,

  virsh dommemstat Domain

should get the information you need, for a guest called 'Domain'.

http://libvirt.org/sources/virshcmdref/html/sect-dommemstat.html

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/