[virt-tools-list] Connect virt-viewer to VM on remote host?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Fri May 18 03:26:55 UTC 2012

>>> If you look at the connection details in virt-manager, it should tell
>>> you the full URI it used - use exactly the same URI with virt-viewer.
>> I tried to find connection details in virt-manager, could not.
>> Where is this to be found?
> In the main virt-manager screen, highlight your connection and use
> the menu bar  Edit ->  Connection Details.  On the 'Overview' tab
> in the dialog that pops up the first line shows 'Connection: [YOUR URI]'
>
> Daniel
Finally got some time.  It says "Connection:" is "qemu:///system", and
gives the LAN-local hostname.  I tried:

qemu://IP/system
qemu+ssh://IP/system
qemu://hostname/system
qemu+ssh://hostname/system

and then within a ssh +X IP session

qemu:///system

All of them failed the same way, with a popup reading "Cannot find guest
domain...".

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
/Ponderworthy Music/ <http://ponderworthy.com>