[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer over ssh

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 21:14:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 08:11:07PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 09:56:19AM -0500, Dave Allan wrote:
> > I'm having trouble with virt-viewer not connecting to a VM on a remote
> > host over SSH.  It connects, briefly gives me a black VM display, and
> > then says that the remote disconnected.  I've noticed a few paches on
>
> That was basically what I was seeing IIRC. I've roled my patches into
> the Debian package:
>
> 	http://packages.debian.org/experimental/virt-viewer
>
> (in case you have a vm around to test). I didn't get around to dig
> deeper into Christophe comments due to a lack of free time yet though.
> Cheers,
>  -- Guido

I made some progress understanding what's happening, at least on my
system.  Bisecting shows commit
56b0217c626349748c5cc6f2fbccfa6a905f75a4 to be the point at which
virt-viewer stops connecting to my VM.  After looking at that commit,
I was able to get virt-viewer to connect by adding listen='localhost'
to my VM's graphics element.  I'm afraid I haven't had time today to
dig into exactly what the effect of that patch is so I can't propose
an alternative.

Dave