[virt-tools-list] How to compile the Virt-viewer from source on Windows

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 12:55:34 UTC 2012

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> I am confused to how to compile the virt-viewer on Windows.I learned
> that this application is designed origially on Linux . so I wish you
> to give me some suggestions. Thank you.

virt-viewer requires many dependencies that only build with GCC/MinGW. To make your life easier, I suggest you use the Fedora MinGW project. On Fedora 17 or 18, install the requires packages (listed in BuildRequires: in http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/virt-viewer.git/tree/mingw-virt-viewer.spec.in) then run ./autogen.sh && mingw32-configure from top-level directory. That should build successfully virt-viewer.

Hope that helps!