[virt-tools-list] Custom KVM with Virt Manager not starting

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 19:19:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:47:21PM +0100, Ekrem Sonmemis wrote:
> After creating a custom KVM-QEMU installation which works as
> intended, I installed libvirt and VMM and noticed that the KVM-QEMU
> VMs being created were not running on my custom version. Within VMM
> I noticed that it said it launched from /usr/bin/kvm (which must
> have been installed with VMM) so I copied my usual starting point
> for the custom version from /usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
> to the location in /usr/bin/kvm. However this still did not work,
> and I can't understand what to try from here.

Well forget about virt-manager for the moment.  Try
libvirt directly, ie:

  virsh list --all
  virsh capabilities
  etc.

and see if you get any errors or see any problems in the
libvirt log files.

Also it's a good idea to (a) make sure you're using the very latest
libvirt and (b) restart libvirtd after changing KVM.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/