[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 1/2] Add 'install-stages' parameter to OsinfoMedia

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Wed Oct 3 12:48:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 04:32:45AM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>>
>> If media is an installer, this specifies the number of install stages
>> (IOW number of reboots the intaller takes before installation is
>> complete). Default value is '1'.
>
> Why not install-reboots rather than install-stages?

Because it sounds better? :)

> 1 as a default value is wrong for live images.

You are not supposed to call this function on those and we have a
guard for that:

g_return_val_if_fail(osinfo_media_get_installer (media), -1);

In the prop, i guess we can just declare the default value to '-1'?

>And I'm not really sure what
> the value should be for live images combined with an installer. Any
> thoughts about this?

Good question, didn't think of that. I haven't seen any such media
that will need >1 reboots during installation though so its either
they installed an OS during a live session or not. Also, as long as
this API doesn't lie, I'm not sure we should be worrying about that
issue on this level?

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124