[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 2/5] Also translate database strings

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Fri Oct 19 22:25:13 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak at gnome.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> This is causing 'make syntax-check' to fail. However, I am not sure how to avoid that other than adding rule to cfg.mk:
>>>
>>> exclude_file_name_regexp--sc_makefile_at_at_check = ^(data/devices/Makefile.am|data/hypervisors/Makefile.am|data/oses/Makefile.am)
>>
>> You don't need an exclude rule - that's too heavy of a hammer as it
>> prevents all other tests for invalid use of @FOO@ in Makefile.am.  Does
>> $(INTLTOOL_XML_RULE) work?
>
> Nope. :(
>
>>  If so, use that.  If not, then add this
>> instead to your cfg.mk, which exempts just the one pattern, rather than
>> the entire file:
>>
>> _makefile_at_at_check_exceptions = INTLTOOL_XML_RULE
>
> I used this one. `make syntax-check` still fails though but for
> another issue AFAICT.

Looking more closely, this line doesn't help. I have absolutely no
idea how these syntax checking scripts work but I did try putting
'scm_' in front of '_makefile_at_at_check_exceptions' but that didn't
help either.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124