[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 5/5] Load localized values for entity params

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Oct 22 16:07:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 06:41:26PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> You mean, you need more details from me
>
> Yes, I meant that if you want help figuring this out, more details than
> what is on pastebin would be helpful.

You just need to apply all the patches in this series except for this
one and then apply the patch on pastebin. Also apply this dummy
translation one: http://paste.stg.fedoraproject.org/1140 . Then use
`LANG=fi_FI.utf8 osinfo-query os short-id=winxp` for testing.

>> we need to dig more into
>> how its working for GtkBuilder/GSetting? I'll be doing the latter now
>> anyways..
>
> Ok! I suspect it's some gettext setup issue, so hacking one of libosinfo
> test files to try to get a hardcoded translated string (after making sure it's
> translated in the po file, and that the corresponding mo file is installed)
> is probably a good way to understand what's going on as well.

Thats how i started already. :)

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124