[virt-tools-list] How can I run a VMware image VDMK on virt manager

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 03:07:17 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lei Cui" <lcui at redhat.com>
To: "Robert Deluise" <stop44it at verizon.net>
Cc: virt-tools-list at redhat.com
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 10:56:14 AM
Subject: Re: [virt-tools-list] How can I run a VMware image VDMK on virt manager

Hi Robert,
You could use virt-convert to convert a VMware image to a libvirt image. Here is the steps:
1. # virt-convert -i vmx -o virt-image -D raw /vmware/*.vmx
The last option is the folder which you save your vmware images, please fill the proper one.
2. After step one, a new .img file would be generated. You could "New" a VM with "import existing disk image" option in virt manager.

    I think virt-v2v + virt-manager also can do this.

    Regards,
    Alex

Any questions please let me know.

Regards