[virt-tools-list] Installing a KVM guest with LVM partitioning on an LVM partitioned KVM host via virt-install fails: "volume group already exists"

Nicola Volpini Nicola.Volpini at kambi.com
Wed Sep 19 09:20:40 UTC 2012

On Mon 17 Sep 2012 03:32:09 PM CEST, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Have you tried starting the installation with virt-install but without
> preseed and then before the partitioning step switched to a shell to see
> what the partition table looks like on the supposedly clean virtual drive
> and maybe done a "vgs" to see if any volume groups exists?

Hi Dennis,

sounds like a good test. I'll try to keep the mailing list updated as
soon as I find out something.

Regards,
Nicola
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate that information
and upon reception, permanently delete the original and destroy any copies.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus
or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which
they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Kambi
for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.