[virt-tools-list] Using virt-p2v to convert a physical machine( only 80GB) takes a long long long time...

Hui-Shan Chen chwhs at hpds.ee.ncku.edu.tw
Wed Apr 24 03:53:14 UTC 2013

Hello Rich,

The speed of the network connection between the physical machine and the
virt-v2v conversion server is 1.0 Gbps.

These two machines are in the same LAN.

But It still took 4~5 hours to finish the conversion.

For 2T HD, or for remote machines, it would waste more time than this case.

So how should I do to improve it?

Thanks,
Shan.