[virt-tools-list] Missing networks & Virt-Manager

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu Aug 1 19:31:58 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013 10:15 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using CentOS 6.4 (fully patched) and noticed that, when using
> virt-manager to create new virtual (forward/nat) networks, when I reach
> the "Forwarding to physical network" step, on the "Destination" list-box
> I don't see the virtual bridges previously defined with Virt-Manager
> (then ones created after system startup).

You'll need to be more specific, how did you previously define these virtual
bridges? Using that same virtual network wizard or the interface wizard or
something else?

Also, does sudo virsh net-list --all or sudo virsh iface-list --all not show
the added devices?

> I then performed a "service libvirtd restart" and tried again the wizard
> but still can't see them.  It is not until I reboot the system that
> virt-manager recognizes them (some service needs to be restarted that
> I'm not aware).  Is this a known issue or should I file a bug?

Doesn't sound familiar to me. Not sure where to file a bug though: not the
upstream virt-manager or libvirt tracker since you are using older versions,
and the centos tracker likely won't produce a fix.

Thanks,
Cole