[virt-tools-list] Missing networks & Virt-Manager

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 18:02:19 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013 05:37 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> I know it's old but it's the latest that's out there on RHEL.  I'll try
> it on RHEL later and I'll report back.

Ok, I tried it on RHEL 6.4 and it happens.  The issue really is that you
have to close Virt-Manager in order for the previously created networks
to appear.

For example, let's create two virtual networks (NAT) so that they can
talk to each other (virbr1 with virbr2):

1)  use "Connection Details" window to create virbr1...
2)  now create virbr2 but when it comes to the forward destination
list-box the previously virbr1 doesn't appear.   You have to close
virt-manager and reopen it in order to see the previously defined
network.  (Not even closing/reopening the "Connection Details" window
works).

This isn't a big deal....just wanted to let you know of the behavior.

Regards,
Jorge