[virt-tools-list] resource consumption by VMs

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 09:39:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 03:54:34PM -0500, Erin Lappas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to know from time t1 to time t2, how much CPU, Cahce, disk etc...
> each virtual machine have used(a lo file.) How can I do this?

Hi,

you can use virsh for similar things (see commands domblkstat,
domifstat, dommemstat and cpu-stats).  If you want to get this data
precisely for some time frame, I don't know about anything else than
checking the cgroup the machine belongs to and extracting the data
from there.  That, of course, doesn't mean there aren't other options
which I might not be familiar with.

Martin