[virt-tools-list] [virt-viewer] "Require spice-gtk 0.22" commit

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 14:38:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:32:28PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 02:42:43PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Can we get all pushed patches sent to the mailing list so that we can always
> > > have the option of getting code review goodness ? :)
> >
> > Didn't we discuss this over and over again, and have a rule that says
> > that trivial fixes such as build-sys and doc don't have to go through
> > mandatory review? And that you can fix other related things the same
> > way without making a fuss?
>
> Reference needed, as I don't remember us ever coming to an agreement on that
> unfortunately. I definitely remember disagreeing with pushing build-sys
> changes without review.
>
> Also, what I meant in my request is "Can we get all pushed patches sent to
> the mailing list, either before pushing for non-trivial patches, or after
> pushing with a 'pushed as trivial' note for really trivial patches?", sorry
> if I was not more explicit.
>
> I was not necessarily suggesting that strictly all patches should be sent
> for review, even though I could definitely live with having all patches
> being sent on the ML for now, and it's probably easier as it avoids having
> to wonder whether a patch is trivial or not ;)

Yep normal libvirt practice is that all patches are submitted to the mailing
list. When invoking git send-email, just edit the patch subject to add in

  "Pushed under trivial rule" (or s/trivial/build-breaker fix/)

That way people are aware of everything going into the tree, but we don't
delay trivial patches uneccessarily.

Daniel