[virt-tools-list] Ask new feature list about python-virtinst for RHEL7

Lei Cui lcui at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 06:41:23 UTC 2013

Hi Cole,
As we are starting to written IEEE test plan for RHEL7, would you please provide a new feature list about python-virtinst for RHEL7?
It is very important for "New for RHEL7.0" part in "Test_design" of the plan.
Here are some new feature I just summarized from:
1. Upstream git logs
http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/python-virtinst.git/log/
I found patches after "DistroInstaller: Better logging if we cant validate location	Cole Robinson	2012-01-17" are new for RHEL7, which not included in RHEL6.4.

2. Change log in brewweb
https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/buildinfo?buildID=240620
I found patches Jan 14 2012 are new for RHEL7, which not included in RHEL6.4

3. RFE bugs:
Bug 568471 - [RFE] In virt-convert, ability to covert vmware virtual disks which are split up into multiple files
Bug 822826 - RFE: Provide a virt-bootstrap tool for creation chroot environments for LXC and/or KVM
Not sure these two bugs would be fixed in RHEL7

All of above are patches have implemented, or bugs existed. But QE do not know patches not implement but in the RHEL7.0 plan.
Is there any new feature docs about python-virtinst for RHEL7? Or help to inform us where we can found and confirm the new feature.

Thanks
Lei