[virt-tools-list] Virt Manager Connection Groups / Resource Pools

Nathaniel Cook nathanielc at qualtrics.com
Mon Feb 25 20:54:29 UTC 2013

With KVM and virt-manager is there a concept of resource pools? I want to
manage several independent sets of KVM hosts ( a.k.a. pool). I would like
the hosts in the pool to be associated with each other and be aware of
other members in the pool.

One of several things would satisfy my requirements:

1. Be able to manage set of connections in virt-manager as a group.
Autoconnect/connect/disconnect from the entire group.
2. Run multiple virt-manager instances each connecting to a different set
of KVM hosts
3. Connect to one KVM host who is aware of the rest of the hosts in its
pool.

I would prefer option 1 before 2 etc. I am also willing to add the concept
of connection groups to virt-manager if others see this as a useful
addition.

--
-Nathaniel Cook