[virt-tools-list] virt-manager and user ID

bibop554 bibop554 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:36:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I use debian testing and virt-manager 0.9.1.
I don't understand why virtual machines that i try to create cannot read
files that i own, such as .iso files
I see that kvm is started with user=libvirt-qemu, but i really don't
understand why. Why isn't kvm started with the user that started
virtual-manager ?
Is there a way to tell virt-manager to start kvm with the same user he has
been started with, so that kvm could read my .iso file ?

another, related question:
How could 2 users start their own VMs and be sure that VM of user #1 cannot
write on disks of user #2, if both VMs are started in user=libvirt-qemu ?

Thanks
note: if you answer, please add me in Cc, i'm not subscribed to the mailing
list