[virt-tools-list] No os-variant value for ubuntu 12.10?

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Sat Jan 19 22:07:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I am trying to set up a Ubuntu 12.10 guest on my CentOS 6.3
> server running KVM.
>
> When I use virt-install --os-variant list, the latest version of
> Ubuntu listed is 11.10 even though I did a yum update of my
> server just now.
>
> Is there a delay in getting the latest version of Ubuntu into
> virt-install?
>
> Do I need to install Ubuntu 11.10 or can I use on of the other
> values and install a 12.10 guest?
>
> Thanks,
>   Neil
>
> --
> Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
> Virtual private server with CentOS 6 preinstalled
> Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges

I believe 6.3 arrived very shortly after 12.04 was released therefore
there isn't a release with 12.04 or newer embedded. The functionality
is really just related to default devices (e.g. virtio), which 11.10
is new enough to have all that enabled so you should be fine selecting
that.

--
Doug Goldstein