[virt-tools-list] virt-manager 0.10.0 experience/feedback

Erik Lotspeich erik at lotspeich.org
Fri Jul 12 18:32:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

Now that I've had some time to play with virt-manager 0.10.0, I've
experienced a couple of things that may be known bugs.

1. More than once, I lost the ability to control the mouse cursor in the
guest. I'm using spice. The last time this happened, restarting
virt-manager fixed the problem.

2. One time, virt-manager showed me a blank window for the guest when
the guest was running. I started virt-viewer manually and connected to
the guest without issue. The, I double-clicked that VM in virt-manager
and it took ownership of the virt-viewer window and it continued to work.

3. Something on my system is running pulseaudio -D as root which changes
the ownership of the /var/run/user/1000/pulse directory to root/root.
Unless I change it back, no applications can send sound to pulseaudio.
I've been monitoring my pulse directory and it seems that the
permissions changed after the problem I experienced in #1 above which
resulted in me restarting virt-manager. Is it possible that virt-manager
and/or some spice component is executing executing a pulseaudio command?

Regards

Erik