[virt-tools-list] virt-manager 0.10.0 experience/feedback

Erik Lotspeich erik at lotspeich.org
Fri Jul 12 18:46:00 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 01:38 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Try to provide G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=GSpice SPICE_DEBUG=1 log when this happens.

Will do, thanks.

>> 3. Something on my system is running pulseaudio -D as root which changes
>> the ownership of the /var/run/user/1000/pulse directory to root/root.
>> Unless I change it back, no applications can send sound to pulseaudio.
>> I've been monitoring my pulse directory and it seems that the
>> permissions changed after the problem I experienced in #1 above which
>> resulted in me restarting virt-manager. Is it possible that virt-manager
>> and/or some spice component is executing executing a pulseaudio command?
>
> Are you running virt-manager as root? This could perhaps explain this behaviour.

I am running it as root. I must run virsh as root as well or I cannot
connect to libvirtd. Is there another way? I tried searching about this
topic the other day and I got the impression this was a normal way to
run it.

Obviously, I'd like a way not to run it as root, if possible.

Thanks,

Erik