[virt-tools-list] USB redirection in virt-manager console viewer

Leonardo Augusto Guimarães Garcia lagarcia at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 19 12:03:43 UTC 2013

Hey,

I am interested in having USB redirection working through spice in
virt-manager console viewer, just as we have in virt-viewer today.

Anyone ever touched this? Is this something that should be accepted by
the virt-tools community? Any pointers on how this should be
implemented? I know almost nothing about spice protocol right now and I
was not able to figure out much from the virt-viewer code (seems that
most part is implemented in spice-gtk).

BTW, I was wondering: it seems that virt-viewer and virt-manager console
viewer shares lots of features, although they have a completely
different code base. Any thoughts on making them share the same
application with different python wrapper scripts? I know this is a big
change for virt-viewer, as it is not written in python, but I was
wondering about what virt-viewer has today that is not available in the
virt-manager console viewer and couldn't think of much (probably by lack
of experience from my part).

Best regards,

Leonardo Garcia