[virt-tools-list] virt-manager ubuntu support

Leonardo Augusto Guimarães Garcia lagarcia at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 28 13:00:53 UTC 2013

Hi Nas,

On 06/28/2013 09:17 AM, nesredin mahmud wrote:
> Hello Cole,
>
> i have a problem running virt-manager-0-10.0 on Ubuntu-12.04 without
> installing.
>
> # ./virt-manager
> ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for LibvirtGLib
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./virt-manager", line 33, in <module>
>     from gi.repository import LibvirtGLib
> ImportError: cannot import name LibvirtGLib

You need to install libvirt-glib library and its dependencies. The
package is called libvirt-glib in Fedora and provides
/usr/lib64/libvirt-glib-1.0.so.0 along with other files. Not sure how it
is called in Ubuntu.
> Even after installation, it displays the following error:
>
> $ virt-manager
> /usr/local/bin/virt-manager: 3: exec:
> /usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager: not found
Not sure what is going on here. Maybe Ubuntu is installing things in
different paths.

Best regards,

Leonardo Garcia