[virt-tools-list] VM-Manager window closes automatically : Custom Menu Option

sandeep krishnamurthy sandeep.krishna98 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 17:12:47 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to extend Virtual machine manager to have feature to support
creation of "Virtual Machine Affinity" functionality.

For this I have added a new custom file menu option called "Create New
Rule".

I have also a created a UI window using Glade, to allow to create a new
affinity rule.

I have modified "Engine.py" and "manager.py" so that these changes take
place.

But whenever I click on the custom menu option I have added, whole VM
Manager window closes.

AFTER MUCH DEBUGGING I FOUND OUT THAT, WHOLE VM MANAGER WINDOW CLOSES WHEN
I CALL "__init__" METHOD OF "vmmGUIObject" IN "baseclass.py".

Request you kindly let me possible reasons.

Is it error in my UI? or am I missing some thing?

Regards,
Sandeep K