[virt-tools-list] cpu model list population

Pete Beardmore elbeardmorez at msn.com
Thu Mar 21 11:59:33 UTC 2013

hi

[Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:53:29 virt-manager 16554] ERROR (details:872)
Error populating CPU model list
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line
867, in init_details
     cpu_values = caps.get_cpu_values(self.vm.get_arch())
   File
"/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/virtinst/CapabilitiesParser.py",
line 672, in get_cpu_values
     self._cpu_values = CPUValues()
   File
"/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/virtinst/CapabilitiesParser.py",
line 115, in __init__
     xml = file(cpu_filename).read()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml'

'/usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml' is a hard-coded default in
'CapabilitiesParser.py' for use when no additional arg specifying the
correct location is given to instantiate the CPUValues class. trouble
is, nowhere is this constructor called with that additional arg. hence
is this 'wip', waiting for the addition of a config file and parse
mechanism? or maybe i'm missing something obvious?

as this issue wasn't invasive (error dialog), all my machines have
been set up with defaults for this parameter. i'm hoping being able to
play with cpu model may improve my poor success (to date) running
guest xyx without crashes (fingers crossed anyway) and as such i've
just modified the path and am ready to move on. i'm raising this on
the off chance somebody here cares

cheers