[virt-tools-list] Which method to call to get list of all virtual machine in system

sandeep krishnamurthy sandeep.krishna98 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 07:06:08 UTC 2013

Hello all,
*
*Which python module, method, will be helpful to get list of all virtual
machine in the system and also what is the type of return value(is it list
of strings(names)). *

I know virtual machine manager(manager.py) uses this, but unable to get to
its root, from where it is getting that list.

I am trying to extend virtual machine manager to handle "Affinity Rules"
among virtual machines. Here, I need a list of all available virtual
machines to display in a tree view in custom UI.

Your guidance will be helpful to me.

Regards,

Sandeep.K