[virt-tools-list] How to have different vm consoles on different X screens?

hcoin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Tue May 28 04:14:54 UTC 2013

Hi all!  Great effort!

I'm not using Xinerama because it blocks the use of graphics board hardware
acceleration.   But I do have three X screens ($DISPLAY :0.0, :0.1 and
:0.2).  My objective is to use one for one vm, and a different one for
another.   Seems reasonable, if I had xinerama enabled I'd just drag the
window but then all the benefit from spice offloading the graphics to the
client would be lost as the client wouldn't be able to use the graphics board
the screen was being painted on.

Try though I have, I can't  run different instances of virt-manager on
different screens to access the screens of different vms (second and further
instances brings the first window opened up on that screen, no matter where
the later instance was launched).   Also from within virt-manager (as of v
0.9.4) I can't seem to find a way to direct the opening of a new window to
the screen of my choice.

Any idea of how to get two different vm consoles on two different screens
running on the host?  Preferably by one virt-manager instance but if not
then not.

Thanks!