[virt-tools-list] VirtViewer and TCP Keepalives

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 05:46:01 UTC 2013

All our RHEL guests (VMs) have the rhevm-guest-agent RPM installed and the
related service 'ovirt-guest-agent' running.

I run an F18 client  and my colleague runs an F19 client, we both see the
problem.  We don't have any Fedora guests.

We have no way of running up SPICE sessions in the VLAN that our RHEV-H
nodes are in, however I setup a SPICE session from between the inner and
outer firewalls.  This session lasted two hours before it was dropped with
"TCP packet out of state: First packet isn't SYN".  I'm pretty sure this
isn't virt-viewers fault though as we see this from time to time when the
firewall cluster changes active node.

I've asked the group that look after the other firewall to investigate.

Thanks

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369