[virt-tools-list] Is virsh supposed to work on Windows?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 15:50:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 03:30:12PM -0300, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> >>I've pushed test builds of mingw-virt-viewer packaging libvirt 1.1.2 if you want
> >>to give them a try to see if they work better (disclaimer: I haven't tested
> >>these installers at all).
> >Pushed to http://teuf.fedorapeople.org/virt-viewer-msi/ ;)
>
> Thanks for providing those test binaries so quickly.
>
> The x64 package is missing DLLs. remote-viewer works fine, but:
>
> virsh.exe complains about missing libvirt-lcx-0.dll and doesn't starts.

You should be able to grab it from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=460929 even though I
don't think it's really useful to build that at all on mingw.

> virt-viewer.exe complains about missing libssp-0.dll and doesn't
> starts -- this also happens with the "current" binaries from
> spice.org

Not that surprising as the goal of this installer is to provide
remote-viewer.exe, not virt-viewer.exe or virsh.exe. I'd tend to say we
should not include them in the installer as they are not working anyway
;) libssp can be found from the gcc package on

Christophe