[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer: Having per window full-screen state causes monitor arrangement issues

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 14:47:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 09/20/2013 04:22 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:

<snip>

>> For now I would stick with what I've suggested, so keep the current
>> ltr auto-align, while adding code to make sure we update coordinates
>> whenever necessary + use physical monitor coordinates in the all
>> monitors full-screen case.
>
> I think it's equally bad (if not worse) that monitors are "swaped" whether they are all in fullscreen or not (in your example) (you will get your startmenu/taskbar jumping from window/monitor)

They won't get swapped, the current auto-ltr align code already puts
windows in the ltr order they are in on the client machine.

So if you have disp1 and disp2 in the guest, and you've disp2 on
the left monitor of your client machine and disp1 right, then the
auto-align code will already put disp2 first in the ltr ordering (*).

So if you then fullscreen both no swapping will happen.

Regards,

Hans

*) Or at least that is how it used to be, it seems that this is broken
now too.