[virt-tools-list] LXC distro container install script and libosinfo

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 14:37:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 04:20:42PM +0200, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on getting virt-install (and later virt-manager) to create
> the rootfs of distro containers using data from libosinfo. The idea is
> to check if the distro has an install script with lxc injection method
> and run it.

BTW, I was thinking it would be nice to have a way to just install
chroots without even using install scripts. eg if we tagged the
<media> and/or <tree> elements in libosinfo data base with the
package manager type (ie 'yum', 'apt'), then given a group or
package list, we could just invoke yum/apt to install a chroot.

At least with modern Fedora, the bare chroot install should work
with LXC out of the box thanks to systemd. Of course running install
scripts is still desirable too, since it lets you customize things
like locale/timezone/etc and define standardized package sets.

Regards,
Daniel