[virt-tools-list] Renaming a Virtual KVM

Doug Medland medland at ca.ibm.com
Thu Apr 17 20:18:36 UTC 2014

Good afternoon.  I went to clone my KVM using Virtual Machine Manager and
it came up with an error message saying the name is too long.  Last year I
created a second KVM when the first one had issues.  It appended a
timestamp to the KVM name making it 50 characters long.  Is it simple to
rename a KVM?  Otherwise it looks like I can't clone it in its current
state.  Thanks.

Regards,

Doug Medland
IBM Global Services, GDF
SMI Performance & Capacity MF Pool
All work requests should be directed to:
GDF SMI PCM MF CANADA/Toronto/IBM  (gdfpcmmf at ca.ibm.com)
Email:  medland at ca.ibm.com
Ph: (519) 880-3000  Cel:  (519) 500-1187