[virt-tools-list] Patch for UEFI support still required?

Christoph Korn christoph.korn at web.de
Sat Apr 19 12:11:22 UTC 2014

Hello,

in Ubuntu there is a patch for UEFI support applied which was not forwarded
upstream because according to the author it is an "ugly hack" [1]. For more
details please have a look in the bug report [2].
I am maintainer of an Ubuntu application site called getdeb.net which wants to
release new versions of packages inside an Ubuntu release. Currently there is
version 0.9.5 in Ubuntu 14.04 [3] and I want to publish version 1.0.1 on getdeb.
Now the problem is that the patch does not apply cleanly and I wonder if it is
still required or if there is a solution which is not so "ugly".

Best regards
Christoph Korn

[1] http://paste.ubuntu.com/7283369/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virt-manager/+bug/1074207