[virt-tools-list] Windows 7 guest installed and runs slow in Linux Host

stephen constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Sat Aug 9 12:54:26 UTC 2014

Dear All

I am a refugee from Virtual Box, which I have used a lot on Linux
hosts to run windows XP then 7.  Recently, I had reason to reinstall
Linux and chose to reinstall VB as well.  However, installation of
Windows 7 failed and I have posted support requests to the message
board.  However, I have not received any replies.

So after a lot of looking around I decided to try Virtual Machine Manager 0.9.5.

I have managed to install Windows 7 but installation was very slow.
Windows 7 runs very slow as well.  I am concerned I have missed
something or done something wrong.

I am using Kubuntu 14.04, 32Bit host with 4GB RAM and a 500 GB HDD,
and Virtual Machine Manager 0.9.5, and Windows 7 guest. I have
allocated 1024 MB RAM and 50 GB HDD to the guest.

Any help appreciated

Stephen