[virt-tools-list] Configuring virt-manager to grab the mouse

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Aug 22 13:26:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

   On some client installs, like say RHEL/CentOS 5, virt-manager grabs
the mouse. That is, the user can't move the mouse outside of the VM's
window until they press ctrl+alt. On other installs, like say Windows
8/2012, the mouse doesn't get grabbed, though with corner-bumping being
a thing, it would be really nice if it did.

   How can I edit a VM's XML definition or use virsh to manually control
this behaviour? In the above examples, I would actually like to reverse
the behaviour, as there is (for me) no benefit to grabbing in old OSes
that don't even use a GUI (ie: in CentOS 5 we use a minimal install). So
knowing how to manually enable/disable this behaviour would be very
helpful! :)

Thanks!

--
Digimer