[virt-tools-list] Using virt-rescue from within Virtualbox VM

Keith Roberts keith.roberts at ecric.nhs.uk
Tue Dec 16 16:34:08 UTC 2014

Greetings all.

I have installed the virt-* tools inside a Virtualbox openSUSE 12.3 VM. Virtualbox is running on my Mac OS X machine.

I can ssh directly from my Mac machine to a remote host that runs suse 12.3 and Xen hypervisor.

libvirtd is running on the remote xen host and ncat is also installed.

I can ssh from my Mac into the suse 12.3 VM running in Virtualbox OK, and push and pull files to the VM with scp from my Mac.

What I want to do is use the virt tools and VMM to connect from the Virtualbox suse 12.3 VM out to the Mac machine and then to the remote xen host.

Is it possible to do this please?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts