[virt-tools-list] Use /usr/bin/python instead of python in /usr/bin/virt-manager

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:49:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I installed virt-manager on ubuntu. However, I have a custom python installed.

The original content of /usr/bin/virt-manager is the following.

exec python "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py" "$@"

But it uses my customized python which does not have libvirt module
and I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 399, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 256, in main
    from virtManager import cli
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/cli.py", line 29, in <module>
    import libvirt
ImportError: No module named libvirt

I change it to the following and got the problem fixed.

exec /usr/bin/python "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py" "$@"

Is it a bug of virt-manager? Should it be fixed? Thanks.

Peng