[virt-tools-list] 'module' object has no attribute '__version__'

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 21:21:54 UTC 2014

On 02/14/2014 04:18 PM, James Clement wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> the reason for upgrading from the RHEL version is to get USB drives working in
> a Windows 7 VM. I was reading that it needed at least version 0.9.1 to enable
> them and make them work.
>
> At this time, with the version shipping with RHEL, I get Code 10 errors and
> cannot get the USB drive passthrough to work.

virt-manager doesn't usually play into these types of things, since it's
mostly about qemu and libvirt.

But the simplest way to confirm is git checkout virt-manager 0.9.1, virtinst
0.600.4 or whatever the corresponding version that virt-manager wants, and
just run them right from the git checkout:

PYTHONPATH=/path/to/virtinst.git python src/virt-manager.py --debug